Friday 1 January 2016

New Year, New Start

2016 is the year I get my health under control.  For too long my body has ruled me, dictating everything I do - well no longer.  First thing to get sorted is my blood glucose levels.  Medication is not really working so a radical change of diet is the next step.  Low carb high fat (lchf) is what I am going to do which seems totally opposite to everything we've been taught for so many years.  I've been researching this way of eating for a while, both on the diabetes uk website and www.dietdoctor.com .  The testimonials as well as the sound scientific reports have convinced me that this is the way to go.  I've already seen the marked difference in blood glucose levels in a 'healthy' dinner of stir fried veggies and noodles which gave a 13.3 reading after two hours and a gliclixide tablet and my gut busting fried bacon, eggs and mushroom breakfast of this morning which gave a reading of 9.1 again after 2 hours plus my diabetic meds.

I'll post some starting pictures, weight and measurements tomorrow so I have a baseline to measure against.

No comments: